Next Steps to Your Wedding
6 Mos-1 Year Before the Big Day:
- Reserve your wedding day and time with your Pastor.
- Begin Your ALPHA Marriage Prep Course
- Fill out the Wedding Contract and return to Granite Hill Church office
- Schedule a Meeting for 2 Weeks Before your Wedding Date with your Pastor
- Continue or finish the ALPHA Marriage Prep Course
- Complete Reasons for Choosing My Mate
- Review Wedding Vows – Find out what you like and what you don’t like and make notes to give to your Pastor at the meeting.
- Decide on any music to be included in the wedding (Processional, Recessional, Special Music etc)
- Discuss any special elements to the ceremony (communion, unity candle, unity sand, etc.)
- Apply for a Marriage License with you local town office
- Send in your wedding fee (if applicable) to Granite Hill Church office marked “Wedding” or pay online here.
Meet with your Pastor – Please have the following with you:
- Completed ALPHA Marriage Prep Course Workbook, “Reasons for Choosing My Mate” worksheet, Wedding Vow ideas, Music ideas
Day of the Ceremony:
Be sure to bring your marriage license with you and give to your pastor (many couples choose to do this at the wedding rehearsal instead).
After the Ceremony:
Your Pastor is required to mail in the marriage license to your town office directly. You may pick up your Marriage Certificate from your town office (usually within 5 days after the wedding date). In order to do a name change, you must first get your marriage license and then get your social security card changed next before changing your driver’s license.